Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority has 1114 Civil Servant-Employees consisting of :
|Age Qualification/Profession||Under the age of 26||27-35||36-45||Over45||Total|
|Diploma and Short Course Training||53||172||51||35||311||27.92%|
|Experience over 10 years||0||13||57||69||139||12.48%|
|Technician / Skill||2||7||15||16||40||3.59%|
Human Resources Development
Based on its requirements for human resources development to improve work quality and
efficiency, PPWSA prepared precise plans in cooperation and with the support from various
international lenders/donors such as JICA, WB and ADB, which enabled PPWSA to do the
• Organize a training center which has been operational since 1997 under the following principles:
- Setting the requirements for employees to attend vocational training courses;
- Seeking trainers from various institutes in Cambodia and abroad for vocational training of PPWSA’s employees; and
- Cooperating with donors to request and send employees abroad for necessary vocational training courses.
• The training center has been fully operational since 1997 and has recruited trainers to provide vocational training to non-executive/working level employees. It has focused on practical training (i.e. training in Standard Operating Procedures “SOP”).
• Since 2005 to present, revise the employee evaluation criteria based on quarterly performance.
• In June 2007, PPWSA prepared an annual examination to be taken by employees and office chiefs to test their capabilities.
• Prepare in a transparent manner, a formal procedure for promotions, salary rankings, salary increment, and annual incentives based on the results of the annual examination as well as the performance evaluation.